Why You Should Upgrade To Magento 2.4
By Ambab Infotech
You’re probably wondering why we’re upgrading to Magento 2.4. Some of the reasons for this and some of the key features of Magento 2.4 are listed below.
Enhancements to Security
More than 30 security updates and platform security improvements are included in this release. Here are a few examples:
- For the Admin, two-factor authentication is activated by default and cannot be turned off. To log into the Admin, the administrator can enable 2FA.
- The strict mode of the template filter is enabled by default. When it comes to developing email templates, developers will find it simple.
- Enhancements to the content security policy
Upgrades to the Platform
- Only PHP 7.4 is supported by Magento 2.4. PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2 are no longer supported. This improves the platform’s core strength. Magento 2.4 includes all of PHP 7.4’s features.
- Elasticsearch 7.6.x, which provides a sophisticated search feature, is the preferred catalogue search engine for both Magento commerce and open-source. It is not possible to install Magento 2.4 without additionally installing Elastic Search 7.6.x. The MySQL search engine has been fully deleted.
- MySQL 8.0 is supported. Magento 2.4 does, however, support MySQL 5.7. Migration to MySQL 8.0 is recommended for enhanced performance, security, and reliability.
- MariaDB 10.4 is supported. The Maria DB 10.0 and 10.1 versions of the database are no longer supported. If you are using Maria DB 10.2, it is advised that you upgrade to Maria DB 10.4.
- Migration of Zend Framework dependencies to the Laminas Project
Although the Signified fraud core integration has been disabled, Signified users can still obtain the extension for free from the marketplace.
Third-party payment methods are no longer integrated into the core. This includes payment methods such as Authorize.Net, Braintree, eWay, Cyber Source, and World pay. Merchants should use official Marketplace extensions.
- For default Elasticsearch, partial word search is supported. It is now easier for the user to search for any portion of a word.
- The Web Setup Wizard has been deprecated and is no longer available.
- Update plugin for Composer.
Enhancements to Performance
- Improvements to the logic for invalidating customer data sections.
- Redis speed has been improved in several ways.
- The size of network data exchanges between Redis and Magento has shrunk.
- Redis’ CPU usage is reduced as the adapter’s ability to automatically detect what needs to be loaded is improved.
- Race conditions for Redis write operations are reduced.
- Redis interruptions are better managed, and error logs are created.
- The caching of SQL query results to inventory tables has been improved. Instead of 16 queries, there is now only one.
- The performance of rapid add-to-cart has improved by 25% to 30%.
- The lazy load can be used to load images. Off-screen images will be loaded when the view is reached as a result of this. As a result, page load times have improved.
Gallery of New Media
Administrators can now search, filter, and sort photographs 30 times faster than the previous version. The user interface has been updated, and Adobe Stock has been integrated.
Management of Inventory
Multi-store mode is supported by in-store pickup and bundle products.
Support for pickup location inquiries has been improved, and inventory in-store pickup is now available. This will enhance a company’s technical capabilities.
PWA Studio 6.0.0 and 6.0.1s are now supported in Magento 2.4.
Issues that have been resolved
- The website, as well as any website-related configuration, can be uninstalled.
- The disabled configuration settings in index.php are no longer modifiable from the Admin.
- Stores can be created without trouble when store configuration is created in config.php.
- When the setup upgrade command is issued, data scripts are only run once.
- It is always suggested that we keep our Magento versions up to date to keep our eCommerce sites secure, speedy, and bug-free.
Workflow for Order Approval in Magento Commerce
- The new version of Magento Commerce includes an order approval tool for B2B customers. It allows business clients to create purchase restrictions for their staff in charge of making online purchases.
- Configure unique buy rules based on various criteria, set up a permission system, get the order history log, and receive order notifications are all features available.
- Integration with Authorize.Net, Braintree, and other payment methods has been deleted.
- At the core code level, Magento Open Source 2.4.0 no longer supports Authorize.Net and Braintree payment methods. These payment methods and eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay are no longer supported by Magento Commerce.
- This is a reminder to online merchants who use these techniques to upgrade to Magento extensions that support them.
From new Order Approval workflows to seller-assisted shopping, a 30x faster New Media Gallery, in-store pickup, and quick and easy deployment of headless and PWA development, there’s something new for everyone. Magento 2.4.0 is a piece of absolute genius work from Magento. According to the experts, you should switch to Magento 2.4.0 because it supports all of the current technological stacks, which will considerably increase the performance of your business. Magento has also optimized numerous processes by simplifying them and improving the platform’s functionality. If you are looking to upgrade to a new version or start a new Magento 2.4.0 based solution, contact Ambab. We are experienced and committed Magento Solution providers in the market.