Should I Migrate to Magento 2?
The dilemma of choosing whether to upgrade or not has led to many discussions and much confusion between merchants using Magento.
Talking about Magento, most of us don’t know, that 9% of the world’s eCommerce sites are powered by Magento.
With the passing years, Magento has evolved with many upgrades and modifications.
To make you understand why Magento 2 is good for your business, I have highlighted top-notch features of Magento 2 below which would make upgrading to Magento 2 worth it:
- New Architecture for Speed:
- Full-page cache: overall site speed and also 1-2 seconds of page loading comparing to 5-10 without full caching. Faster site speed promotes more sales and increases website SEO.
- Scalability: Magento 2 EE offers database split which helps high-load projects to enhance performance in one of the most prime features of Magento 2.
- Elastic Search (EE):
- Better search built-in providing Extremely fast search tools, Highly relevant search results and User-friendly search interface thus increasing overall user experience.
- Payments for better customer experience:
- Another super-friendly feature is an upgraded and shortened check-out with Paypal.
- Braintree payments
- PCI Compliance Hosted Fields a must for handling Payments
- Customizable Data Grid for Catalog
- Responsive Admin Panel:
- Mobile-oriented layouts are a huge plus – since the number of mobile users has rapidly increased in the past 2 years and keeps growing.
- Able to customize the admin panel admins can access information quickly. This increases productivity rapidly, especially managing products, orders, and customer data. 4x faster product import capabilities make creating products in the admin panel easier and even fun.
- Delivers superior cloud-hosted performance at scale:
- Magento Commerce (Cloud), formerly Enterprise Cloud Edition combines Magento Commerce, Cloud infrastructure hosting, with added features such as Git integration, key environments for development, staging, and live production.
- The new pricing structure:
- Omnichannel oriented features and various extensions, including MSI (multi-source inventory) making your store flexible and scalable.
- Pricing based on tiers of gross merchandise
Magento 2 is a great option for Small Medium Business looking to take
the next step in the Magento ecosystem.
The detailing aspects of Magento 2 help businesses to boost and give freedom from IT impediments with creating, scheduling, and launching persuasive periodic content.
Also, Magento has officially declared that they will end support of Magento 1 by June 2020 so it is recommended that you migrate to Magento 2.
The next question you may have is “Does Magento 2 impact my business?” Well the answer is yes, it does! When it comes to online business, Magento has covered it all. You name it you get it.
From the list of boons these are few best ones:
- Improved the Magento 2 architecture
- High-Performance Magento 2 runs around 20% faster than Magento 1.x
- Supports mobile-first rule, responsive admin and frontend
- Helps you to keep website at Forefront in the Market as there will be no major updates for Magento 1.x, Magento 2 would have many new modifications by Adobe
- Bend till break flexibility that motivates to incorporate the custom needs of the business
- Billing information of the customers is sent from the website directly to the payment gateway, which is a secure way. Magento 2 includes PayPal, Braintree, Authorize.net, WorldPay and few other payment methods out of the box
- You will see Magento 2.x is able to handle more orders than Magento 1.x
- Better Browser Caching for Static Content: Most of the eCommerce stores are happy with Magento 2 performance
- Magento 2.0 has introduced Schema.org which is proving to boost the SEO of stores
Magento covers all four corners Substantial, Security, Flexibility, and Accessibility.
And finally you may wonder “Is it easy to upgrade to Magento 2?”
A Magento 2 upgradation includes different components:
- Data migration (product and customer)
- Theme migration
- Extensions migration
- Customizations Code
Apart from Magento codes and structure, there are other sections which needs to be handled too, such as:
- Media files on the file system (for e.g., images for products, categories, WYSIWYG editor, etc.)
- Web Services API credentials and roles.
We have tech experts who can handle all these areas for a clean upgradation and hassle-free handovers.
I would suggest users to make their move to Magento 2 as it packed with lots of features that is necessary for eCommerce development platforms.
If you wish to build your website on Magento 2 or upgrade your current website to the latest version, feel free to contact Ambab Infotech.
Where the team of experts will cover your business concerns and technical concerns hand-in-hand.