5 MOBILE ECOMMERCE BEST PRACTICES TO FOLLOW IN 2021
By Ambab Infotech
Mobile marketing has ended up being viable when clients are accustomed to everything being available on their fingertips. The recent statistics show that 75% of clients have made a purchase utilizing their cell phones in the last six months. In such a scenario, as the number of Mobile eCommerce sales surpasses, subsequently the competition will get tighter.
On the off chance that you think your mobile eCommerce funnel is falling short, then it’s time to optimize. Here are some mobile ecommerce best practices that will give an excellent client experience and increment changes.
1. Conduct a Mobile-Friendly Test and Survey the Mobile Usability Report
These days, many websites are trying to standby on google’s demands. At the point when your website is mobile-friendly, you will likewise observe a massive improvement in your internet searcher positioning.
Let’s start with Google’s mobile-friendly test tool.
It is a tool that allows you to perceive the score of your website as per Google search assessment limits. It is an easy-to-handle tool. All you need to do is copy the link of your website and click on “Test URL”. Within a minute, the test will give out the list of errors that can affect your user experience. The results help you to obtain a clear picture of the responsiveness of your website. Resolve the errors and usability issues that your site is experiencing.
2. Use a Progress Navigation Menu
An incredible method to keep your customers standby on the website is by showing a progress bar. The mobile user’s requirement for navigation will be different from the desktop.
Set a navigation bar that suits the resolution of the mobile screen without dominating the page.
Things to remember when setting a navigation bar for mobile view:
- List the options, based on the importance
- Design for easy touch
- Keep the navigation short and simple
- Be thoughtful about font and contrast
- Make the check-in and check-out process easier
3. Leverage the Power of Mobile Analytics
Mobile analytics assist in gathering productive insights that can be implemented to increase your sales and keep your retention rate high.
Shown here, are some propositions for every e-commerce sales-stop, that can be taken up to track the updated data and render it that is effective to your sales:
- The initial step is to track the website’s performance using an Analytics tool available online.
- With the help of shopping behavior analytics obtained through analytics tools, spot the patterns of customers’ shopping activities like searching the product, items added to the cart, items removed, items purchased, etc.
- The tool of Cohort Analytics helps you to determine the time taken by a customer to make his first purchase. Based on those data suggestions, discounts and offers can be pushed to the customer at the right time.
- Try to create user events that perfectly align with your marketing goals and customers’ small-scale activities at your site.
- The most significant factor that each e-commerce sales-stop must keep in mind is the retention rate. Also, doing retention analysis of your business will help you to understand the loyalty rate of your customers and improve its overall performance.
4. Speed Up Your Site
The primary issue faced by mobile users is loading heavy websites or apps. On mobile, the users are impatient most of the time. To alleviate customer dissatisfaction, you have to guarantee that your eCommerce site is lite and loads rapidly. Here are a few points that can help you understand better the impact of page speed on shopping behavior.
- 47% of consumers expect a website loading time to be 2 seconds or less
- 40% abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load
- 52% of online shoppers state that the speed of the page influence their loyalty for the website
- 79% of shoppers who are not happy with website performance are less likely to buy from the site again
- A 1-second delay decreased customer satisfaction by about 16%
- 44% of online shoppers with a bad experience are more likely to will tell their friends about it
Here is another tool to test the speed of your mobile website, Page Speed Insights. Enter the webpage URL and click on the “Analyze” button. It will show any issues that your site has and provide recommendations to improve the loading time.
5. Add Mobile Rich Snippets To Your Site
If you think that your site needs to be preferred over thousands of results displayed, then you need to go the extra mile to provide the users with an outstanding experience and keep them hooked. For this, you may need to customize your site with rich snippets. There are a few great snippets that can be included. This particular snippet exhibits various product features like its size, color, ratings, and much more. An effortless way to carry out rich snippets in your site is Structured Data Markup Helper.
Here is how to do this easily:
- Just click “products” from the displayed bullet list.
- Tag your products
- Once you obtain the code, test it using the Structured Data Testing Tool.
- If you observe that your code works just fine, then add it to your website. Now, you just need to keep improving your CTR and increase the frequency of your website visitors.
We hope you understood how important the optimization of mobile e-commerce is. Before venturing into the enhancement cycle, consider the mobile ecommerce best practices as mentioned above that can help you in being competitive in the future.